Friday, November 7, 2008

Obama


President Obama at Concord High School.




I have spent the last week sick, thus I was not able to go out with the Fulbrighters to celebrate Obama's win. It is Friday and Tuesday's historical victory is just now sinking in. The sensation is incredible.

Now, I can feel proud when I tell people that I come from the United States. I will be honored when they affiliate me with our new President, as the image of my country is finally changing for the good.

Just ten months ago, I was running around New Hampshire with volunteers from all over the US knocking on doors in the middle of winter to encourage people to vote in the primaries. We drove on the snowy, icy backstreets of Meredith and Center Harbor. We got our car stuck. We got lost. We were chased by dogs. We went from trailer parks to water-front homes. The experience was rewarding in itself, but to know that our candidate has made it all the way, is phenomenal.

No comments: